Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I did it, I stepped on the scale!

I actually am down 1 pound!  Woo Hoo!!!

Well, I stepped on the scale terrified that I had undone all my dieting and fitness training. To my surprise I weighed 135 (I was 136 before I left on my trip) and had not gained.  Needless to say.... the happy dance was extreme and it's a good thing the blinds were closed because no one needed to witness that! 

I had started a habit of eating 2 very light meals (or drinking meal shakes) and one good solid meal a day.  Also, eating for specific nutrition verses just what was available or that I craved has really helped overall.  As much as I over did with drinks and foods while on our work trip, following this routine I believed saved me from gaining my lost weight back in the end. I did do a bunch of walking while on my trip instead of driving to the closer destination spots and I'm sure that it played a big roll in burning off some of those extra calories I was consuming!

So here are some of my weight loss tricks that are definitely working.....
1) Eat 2 light meals a day or drink meal shakes with one full satisfying meal.
2) I see greater weight and inch loss when my one full meal a day is lunch and I don't eat after 6:00pm at night.
3) I notice a huge difference in my appetite and cravings if I drink at least 6, 8 oz. glasses of water a day.
4) Walking to your closer destinations instead of hoping in the car!
5) An Apple A Day!  One apple has traces of to many vitamins and minerals to really count and mention here. The raw apple provides you with natural digestive enzymes that help your body digest foods more effectively and to more effectively absorb the nutrients from the foods you put into your body.  I also have on a regular basis been less hungry in the day if I eat an apple in the morning.  It makes sense that if your body is getting the nutrients it needs your less hungry throughout the day too!
6) I exercise every day even if it's just 20 minutes of yoga or a quick 30 minute aerobic workout!

I will be back again in one week with my weigh in and progress report!

Cheers and Blessings To You And Yours!
Kelly Lynch Ring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Happy to see you did it :)Keep it up and remain healthy :D